The arrival of spring has done more for Arcadia than anything else this last year. With Alpha Bandit now on Kickstarter, I’ve been more focused to finish my goals with this blog. I still need to add the timeline, and flesh out a bit more details, but those are forthcoming. More importantly, with Alpha Bandit public, my players’ interest in Mobile Frame Zero are back, and while I’m taking a backseat role in our group’s games, we now have a new player to take my place. Her faction will be posted in due time, like a Free Colony Movement.
And so, just as in the real world, Spring has revitalized things on Arcadia. Here’s a few of the new events.
– The withdrawal of the Terran Expeditionary Marines, and dissolution of the Arcadian Loyalist Foreign Legion.
– The regression of the Confederacy, true independence for the Mobile Frame Militia.
– Pirates! The Blitzen Fleet attacks various Solar Union-loyal settlements and facilities.
– Problems within the Varangian Guard, have word of their cruel deeds reached back to Sol?
– Return and expansion of the Ijad Enclave, and birth of the rebels who fight against them.
– Revival of an old movement…
This year ought to be an exciting one.
“War for the Skies”
Belligerents: Varangian Guard & 507th Provisional Unit
Result: Solar Alliance Pact signed, hostilities end.
– Zero Sum gain, (status quo ante bellum).
– 507th losses, moderate.
– Varangian losses, moderate.
– Other factions have nearly 2 years of uninterrupted growth.
After the violent introduction the Varangian Guard brought to the planet in the Seven Hour War, the Guard made a serious enemy in the Terran Expeditionary Marines stationed to the Northwest, the 507th Provisional Unit (AKA: Merrill’s Marauders). The Marines and their allies, Amber Coast Electrionics and the Arcadian Loyalists UMFL, immediately began devising a campaign against Valhallan and their corporate thugs, but its success would hinge on one crucial factor – control over the skies.
And so, Amber Coast began working on Project: Firebird.
I’m going to be going a bit out of order with these, so bear with me, I’m going to be adding details to Arcadia as the strokes of genius [inflated ego, I know] come to me. Some of you may already know the gist of the Guard, but henceforth will be new details.
The Varangian Guard:
Probably one of the most controversial factions you’ll see in Mobile Frame Zero, the Varangian Guard (or simply VG) and their sponsor exemplify some of the absolute worst aspects of the Solar Union.
The Varangian Guard are a private military group for the corporation, Valhallan Industries. Nothing is off-limits or considered “over-the-line” when it comes to obtaining what their parent corporation wants. Money and power work hand-in-hand. But how did these men and women of Europa come to become the cold hearted soldiers they are today? Well, to fully understand the VG, one must understand where they actually came from.